-
November 24th, 2007, 03:22 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
-
November 24th, 2007, 05:41 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, Saw that. Too bad the guy doesn't have better pictures.
I'm still waiting for a second 9864.
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ December 16, 2007 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Audio_by_Goodwill ]</font>
-
December 4th, 2007, 07:25 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
What exactly are these? what drivers are inside?
Ron
-
December 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
They use "The Engine", basically a coaxial motor thats essentially a high power 515 and 299 that share a common motor/magnet structure.
Nice cutaway veiw in the second link.
http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...r%20System.pdf
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...akers/9864.htm
-
December 4th, 2007, 10:31 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
A very odd Altec duck for sure!
Anyone ever hear these? Looks like sound reinforcement stuff.
Ron
-
December 4th, 2007, 11:14 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
Bill Hanuschak designed these - they work incredibly well!
I installed quite a few - wonderful SR system!
Basically a BIG 604...
-
December 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
-
December 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by RonSS:
A very odd Altec duck for sure!
Anyone ever hear these? Looks like sound reinforcement stuff.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a single 9864, which uses a 60 degree horn instead of a 90. I like it, but I don't have much in the way of Altec, to compare it to.
Sound reinforcement stuff? Well yeah! Almost all of the things we cherish here are :-)
-
December 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Well, they're back... Again! I emailed the seller this time around, advising he use better lighting, and to remove the grilles so people can see what they are. Right now, it looks like he's selling $700 black boxes!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks